Thomas Leigh Diary

...thoughts on spiritual / personal development • software • books • and others...

How I meditate #9: My first meditation

Notes:

    How I meditate #9: My first meditationToday I'd like to describe My first formal meditation - partially as "a souvenir" (to preserve this memory).

    It started with some book. I suppose I was interested at the time in the subject and especially how to do that (how to perform meditation), so I've borrowed some book from a library, read it and... finally decided to begin My first meditation.

    I sat upright in a chair (because I've read it is not necessary to take the lotus position), closed My eyes and... started. I don't remember the whole experience in details but I recall one particular thing quite clearly - because of its intensity.

    From the very beginning I took the attitude I've described earlier on (being independent and detached from anything I would hear, feel, and so on). I was very determined to keep Myself in that state by all means.

    I suppose that at the time I was alone at home. But suddenly I had a very strong, realistic feeling that someone else is in the room (!!!). It clearly scared Me - but although I was frightened I decided to keep Myself still and motionless, even without opening eyes. I suppose the whole incident lasted a while and ceased. Nothing else happened, but the whole thing was challenging during its presence and I was a little bit shocked :) . Since then nothing similar happened - but that experience effectively fixed itself in My mind.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment